Share Registration Administration
Under Zimbabwean Company Law, a Zimbabwean company must maintain its registered office in Zimbabwe, a service offered by Network Secretarial Services. NSS has been in the shares registry business for 20 years. Shares Registry is a distinct component within the capital markets industry which comprises multi-faceted stakeholders.
Understanding what a Shares Registrar should do for your business is the first step in making the right decision. The capital markets is by its nature a fast moving industry and efficiencies, integrity and accountability can only be achieved by having a clear distinction and appreciation of the role of each stakeholder.
As a Shares Registrar, Network Secretarial Services provides investor relations services, to assist companies in ensuring governance, compliance, efficiency and accuracy with shareholder management. These services include register monitoring and compliance reporting; this requires a keen understanding of the capital markets industry, and review of new acts and regulations which have impact on register maintenance, and advising clients of the impact and any suggested remedial actions. Our clients can rest assured in our market monitoring and advice.
As shares registrar, we also work with clients in cost effective and efficient ways of communicating with, and updating, large numbers of shareholders. We are set up for bulk operations; we have the necessary systems and facilities to manage large shareholder traffic, to receive, monitor and process high volumes of shareholder requests while always maintaining strict verification and control standards. AGM management, and efficient verification and registration, of high shareholder traffic within a short period is another key service area. Our AGM system is designed to efficiently process these registrations in real time.
Shares registrars typically provide dividend management services, including processing, monitoring and reconciliation of dividend accounts, and our experiences and processes have been developed over 20 years of business. We are therefore able to provide differentiated customer experience to our clients.
Shares Registrars also provide value added services in the areas of special projects for new equity issues, e.g. Rights Issues. Network’s track and market record in provision of these services is impressive
Share Register Maintenance
This entails keeping the share registers for our clients and ensuring that the information on the registers is updated. It also entails ensuring that the registers are kept in accordance with the Companies Act or any other statutory modification as well as Articles of Association. This includes:
- Systems Register Maintenance and Database Integrity
- Regular reconciliations with the Central Depository System to reconcile
the register thereof to issued share capital.
- Static Data amendments/updates of certificated shareholders.
- Verification/Certification and processing of immobilizations and Private
- Reconciliation and closure of the register for any Corporate Action
- Extraction of eligible shareholders for any Corporate Action
- Shareholder Communication and Correspondence
- Counter and Advisory services
- Monthly processing of information and Reporting to Registrar of Company,
or other securities and Company Secretary.
Provision of Shareholder services on Walk-In, Call Centre and Correspondence basis
We provide the following services:
- Appropriate facilities and channels for shareholders queries, correspondence and general enquiries
- Handling and responding to shareholder queries and correspondence, as well as dealing with general queries and complaints
- Verification of signatures on member instructions.
- Maintenance of member records involving static detail changes and dividend payment records
- Providing feedback to brokers, CDAs and the wider investor community on shareholders’ actions, as required
The above services are offered through service structure centres which comprise of the call centre, correspondence centre, reference centre, broker liaison and query resolution to ensure efficient and effective attention to all shareholder inquiries
Unclaimed Dividends Management
Network has vast experience in the management of unclaimed dividends. We prepare dividend files for most of our clients. Once a new dividend is paid out, we retain custody and management of the unclaimed dividend accounts and do so in a responsible and transparent manner to the satisfaction of our clients,
the management of the unclaimed dividend funds includes:
- Monitoring the liquidity and the funds flow in the operating dividend accounts
- Handling all queries with regard to unclaimed dividends
- Authorisation for replacement dividend cheques
Any other unclaimed dividend enquiries or duties or reporting, as required
Registration of Share Transfers/ Transmissions and Immobilizations
- Registration of Private transfers and transmissions
- Verification and notations of share certificates presented by stock brokers involving private transfers prior to approval by Nairobi Securities Exchange and Capital Markets Authority.
- Verification and Processing immobilization of certificates and transfer of shares to Central Depository System.
- Filing of annual company returns
- Liaising with Nairobi Securities Exchange, Central Depository and Settlement, and Capital Markets Authority with regard to all issues involving shares registration.
Employees Stock Option Scheme Management
Share plans are increasingly becoming one of the driving forces of employees and executive motivation as well as retention in Kenya and world as a whole. If successfully implemented and managed, employee and executive share plans help foster a sense of ownership and commitment to the company. The services we offer to make these ventures a great success to companies are;
- Register maintenance
- Share allocation
- Dividends processing and distribution
- Reconciliation of plan data
- Employee statements/Employer level reports
- Proxy labels
- Compliance testing
Administration of AGM’s/EGM’s and providing shareholder information
This entails assisting our clients with the running of the AGM and includes
- Distribution of annual reports and notices of meetings to shareholders
- Receiving and compiling proxy form information.
- Managing attendance register and shareholder registration at venue of meetings and conducting polls if needed.
Value Added Services
C&R is the first company in East Africa to offer Issuers and Shareholders an online shares access facility via the internet and mobile phones.
Our platform is a vital tool today for listed companies (Issuers) and the actual investors (Shareholders). It provides Issuers access to monitor their registers movements at any given time and extract any information on the shareholding structures, taxation positions, dividend history as well as free alerts of proceedings within the market at large.